Sonoma County, California, is a wonderful place to visit. Vineyards abound and there are wine tastings around every corner. But, wine is not the only attraction in Sonoma. The county is also home to award-winning restaurants, a vibrant art scene, and exciting nightlife. Let Napa Valley Tours & Transportation help you discover this delightful vacation destination. You get to leave the maps and the stress of finding your way around at home.
Here are eight things for visitors to do in Sonoma County:
Napa Valley Wine Tours
Napa Valley is one of the most famous wine regions in the world. With so many varieties of grapes grown in the area, it is every wine connoisseurs dream. Some of the best wineries in the Napa Valley region include:
- Andretti Winery
- Black Stallion Winery
- Boyd Family Vineyard
- Robert Biale Vineyards
- Silverado Vineyards
Sonoma Valley Wine Tours
Nestled between two mountain ranges, Sonoma Valley is home to over 100 wineries. The valley features established wineries producing old favorites and brand-new ones experimenting with new grape varietals.
- Arrowood Vineyards & Winery
- Benziger Family Winery
- Eric Ross Winery
- Hanzell Vineyards
- Kenwood Vineyards
Amazing Art Galleries
When a respite from the wine is in order, check out the art scene in Sonoma County. The Rail Arts District (RAD) in downtown Napa showcases murals from global artists. A few art galleries to consider are:
- Annex Galleries
- Christopher Queen Galleries
- Graton Gallery
- Russian River Art Gallery
- Petaluma Arts Center
Sonoma County is home to several Michelin-rated restaurants.
- The Restaurant at Meadowood Napa Valley is a modern American restaurant holding three Michelin stars. Indulge in dishes featuring organic, seasonably appropriate produce grown on their 3.5-acre Culinary Farm.
- Also holding three stars is The French Laundry in Yountville. Voted one of the 10 best French restaurants in the world located outside of France, the menu is firmly rooted in the French tradition.
- La Toque offers an amazing chef’s table tasting menu and an award-winning wine list. Other featured menus include a vegetable tasting menu, a pastry menu, and a special New Year’s Eve menu.
- The Restaurant at Auberge located in Rutherford, is a culinary legacy located in an unmatched setting providing a memorable feast for the eyes and senses. Only the freshest seasonal ingredients are used and private dining is available.
- For authentic Japanese dining, try Kenzo Napa. Ingredients are flown in from daily from Japan to create exquisite Kaiseki delicacies.
Nightlife & Music
When the sun sets, the fun in Sonoma County doesn’t end. Go dancing in Calistoga or catch a live show in downtown Napa. Music festivals are held throughout the year. Catch Yountville Live in March and BottleRock Napa Valley in May. In June, it’s time for the Napa Valley Jazz Getaway and both the Robert Mondavi Concert Series and Festival Napa Valley happen in July.
The Great Outdoors
For those who like being outdoors, there is no shortage of activities in Sonoma County.
- Hiking. Enjoy state parks and trails surrounded by vineyard views, rugged mountain ranges, beautiful lakes, and redwood-covered creeks for hiking experiences suitable for all levels. The Napa Valley Outdoors Map highlights a variety of trails.
- Biking. Rent a bicycle or join a fully guided bike tour to ride past vineyards, wineries, and stunning views. This bike map can help you plot your course.
- Golf. If golf is your game, you’re in luck. With some of the most beautiful courses you will ever see, Sonoma County is a premier golf destination. Try the Chardonnay Golf Club, Eagle Vines Golf Club, or Vintner’s Golf Club, just to name a few.
Napa Valley Tours & Transportation Services
To tour Sonoma County in comfort and style, leave the driving to Napa Valley Tours & Transportation. With our full fleet of limousines, private cars, charter buses, shuttle buses, and SUV limos we can accommodate both private tours and groups. Contact us in the early planning stages of your trip. We offer full concierge services for your personalized tour so you don’t have to worry about all the details.